Bibliography

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More meetings, bibliography construction

So... I still need to finish Doss's book tonight, but I think this is completely doable. Met with another professor on my committee today and crafted some more bibliography beyond the focus area in Art since 1900. While this is starting to feel pretty overwhelming, I was able to make up some salient discussion points for comparison on the spot today for a non-visual comparison between a generic Matisse 20s painting, a Sonia Delaunay design, and a Florine Stettheimer. Combining random things is something I like anyhow (put ALL the foods on the fork at once!), so this wild combo made it interesting. While obviously just a casual bit of conversation, it did make me feel a bit more confident (as I know it would have been a lot easier with actual visuals to talk about), but of course, the volume of material is starting to weigh on my head pretty hardcore.

Softball was canceled tonight (so lame!) so I was able to crank out and revise the bibliography more, which you can see at the tab above. I'm sure some will be skipped and likely more will be added, but it's a start :-)

New comparison for the evening:



and



Theme: male heroics, awesomeness, and artistic performance with sticks. GO!

(BTW, as I posted this, the Nats hit the .500 mark. Woohoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment