Bibliography

Thursday, July 14, 2011

What I want for next trip to Rockaway Beach...



Wearable modernism from Sonia Terk Delaunay - a painter who got into textile designs and fashion after making a patchwork "Cubist" quilt for her newborn son, Charles, out of remnants (that's so sweet I almost threw up in my mouth). Her stuff is pretty amazing, though, and she took on applied arts full-time in order to pay the bills for herself and her painter husband Robert.

Seriously, though, I have new respect for Sonia Delaunay after reading some of Cottington's Cubism and Its Histories and flipping through a well-illustrated biography by Stanley Baron and Jacques Damase. Hope I have time to get my hands on the catalog to the show that recently ended at Cooper Hewitt.

But I must stick to my schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment