Bibliography

Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene: orals lockdown enforcer



With Irene threatening to pummel NYC, the mayor has announced he will be suspending subway service from Saturday afternoon until sometime Monday. With the major brunt of the storm coming right in the middle of my one planned study break all week (softball playoffs on Sunday), it looks as if I will be in Queens studying ALL weekend. I will probably poke my head out sometime Sunday afternoon/evening for a beverage and (hopefully) contact with another human being, provided the winds and debris are no longer threatening to Final Destination me and I go as nuts as I think I will talking to myself as practice.

Need to stock up on supplies tomorrow. Any tips?

In other news, I helped out with student orientation today in my capacity with the Doctoral Students' Council. While my face was all smiles, small talk, and "welcome to grad school!" on the inside, my orals-stressed brain was screaming "TURN AROUND! IT'S NOT TOO LATE! GO MAKE MONEY!" This conflict between what I was saying and what I was hearing myself say reminds me of one of my favorite video projects:




Richard Serra and Nancy Holt, Boomerang, 1974.


No comments:

Post a Comment