Bibliography

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rainouts=all day studying

Less than four weeks to go. I'm on lock-down.



Jacques Lipchitz, Pierrot Escapes, 1927. One of his "transparents" working through Cubism... in effect breaking out of the Cubist grid.


With softball rained out today and no Nationals game to distract me (also rained out), I have not left the apartment. Instead, today has been spent going through Suzaan Boettger's excellent book on Earthworks (which has a great summary of Minimalism and important exhibitions in NYC public parks of the 1960s in the beginning, so for me: two birds, one stone). And reviewing old notes from courses I've taken in the last four years.

Speaking of which, thank you, first-year-grad student-Annie for taking GREAT notes in your lecture courses... I wish you had told third-year-Annie to get her head out of her ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment